When we first met Jess+Erin, they invited us to come out to Jess’s mother’s property out in Pittsboro. It is a gorgeous property – wooded, with tons of space, trees, plant beds, and garden space. Their dream was to turn the property into the perfect venue for their wedding, but they were in for a ton of gardening. The space for the ceremony was in a gated garden area, and they walked us through where the chairs would be and where they’d stand and their vision for the various things they’d plant in order to maximize the full blooming potential of the land for the following year. The property was already beautiful, but we couldn’t believe it when we returned a year later for their wedding to see the garden. It had absolutely blossomed, literally and figuratively, and there were tons and tons of flowers everywhere. They used their own garden flowers for their bouquets, for their centerpieces, and just about everywhere in between. There were butterflies everywhere, and lots of other colorful bugs. They had gardened and gardened and crafted and crafted and made this wedding from scratch. It was absolutely a dream venue space.
It goes to show that Jess and Erin work hard and are creative, kind, joyful people. They always had faith in us, each other, and their family and friends. Everyone pulled together in an awesome showing of love and support to get this done, and we think it turned out beautifully. Congratulations friends, you are truly a beautiful couple inside and out, and we are so thankful to have worked with you both.
- Date: September 5, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: Private Residence // Pittsboro, NC
- First Dance Song: “You Are the Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne
- Jess’s Occupation: Social Worker
- Erin’s Occupation: Fitness Director
- How You Met: Mutual friends, sparks flew at a Journey concert
- Interesting Fact: Erin plays rugby, Jess loves to garden, both LOVE to travel
- Honeymoon: Madeira, Portugal
- Vendor Credits: Officiant –Wendy Ford (Neighbor) | DJ – iPod | Florist – Us! | Cake – Friends | Caterer – Med Deli | Coordinator – Lindsey Bryant and Elizabeth Carriel