I’d like to say that this blog post is going to be mostly about Paige and Alex, but I have to admit that I think it’s mostly going to center around their dog Davis. And I’m pretty confident that neither Paige nor Alex would fault me for doing that. When we first met them to talk about their wedding, they talked about how they were adopting Davis, a little baby red Poodle. They hadn’t yet picked him up, but plans were in the works, and we talked about how Poodles are cute if you let their hair grow out like a fluffy little monster instead of cutting it for show. True to their word, they adopted Davis shortly afterward and we fell in love with him via their Instagram account. There he is running! There he is conquering steps for the first time! There he is with his adorable German Shepherd puppy friend!
So when we finally met Davis on their wedding day, we were very excited. He was much bigger now, but he completely and 100% lived up to his hype. He’s red. He’s fluffy. He flops around a bunch. He tried to eat my gloves. He has the attention span of a young squirrel, yet is calm enough to plop down next to them during their vows and fall asleep (unless I moved in the aisle, which put Davis on high alert and is the only time to my knowledge that I did something to cause a brief ceremony disruption). He’s really, really, really good, and likes sticks. You can pick him up like a baby and he falls asleep anywhere. So here is the wedding of Davis, with a side of Paige and Alex (whom we also really adore when we’re not busy admiring their dog).
- Date: October 20, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: Shared Visions Retreat Center // Durham, NC
- Paige’s Occupation: Sign Artist
- Alex’s Occupation: Air Traffic Controller
- How You Met: Alex worked at Starbucks and always gave me free coffee. As soon as he found out I was singe, he asked me on a date to mini golf, dinner and a movie. (He spent a lot of money on me that night for us only being teenagers.) I went home that night knowing I’d marry him one day, and the rest is history!
- Interesting Fact: We own the world’s cutest dog (who will be a groomsman!). We’re already married and we’re doing a late wedding. We are polar opposites as far as interests go. Our birthdays are only nine days apart in February, and the dates are just each other’s numbers reversed (mine is the 12th, and his is the 21st). When we were little (9 years old-ish) we lived less than five miles apart and both had the same favorite Mexican restaurant that we both went to all the time, but we didn’t meet until we were 18.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Friend, Lacee Shaw | Caterer – Porchetta Food Truck