We are so grateful and happy to have had a wonderful year of weddings! Allison and Daniel are going to be the last wedding on the blog for 2015, but don’t worry, we’ll resume right away again with portraits in January and weddings to follow soon after that! :) 2015’s wedding season went out on a wonderful note for us! For those of you who don’t know, downtown Raleigh (and in particular City Market) opened a new wedding venue called 214 Martin Street (based on, you guessed it, its address). It’s a fantastic new venue right next to the old Cobblestone Hall (now operating under a different name and by different people with a storyline I couldn’t quite follow). But it’s great, and we were happy to end our season shooting at a different place!
We were also super glad to have had great clients to work with. Allison and Daniel braved a very chilly day with incredible grace and lots of laughter. They also were our first clients to have Tuffy (aka Mr. Wuf, the NC State mascot) make an appearance at their reception, much to the delight of everyone there, but particularly me, who went to school in Pennsylvania but just really likes wolves and also mascots. The maid of honor also gifted Allison and Daniel a giant cardboard cutout of their adorable dog and a little kid danced around with it on the dance floor for the entire evening without stopping which might not sound that hilarious, but it really was. We were so happy to end 2015 on a great note with great people! Cheers!
- Date: December 5, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: 214 Martin Street // Raleigh, NC
- First Dance Song: “Something” – The Beatles
- Allison’s Occupation: English Instructor
- Daniel: Production Manager
- How You Met: We met at a Halloween bar crawl in downtown Raleigh. Daniel was one of the few people who could guess Allison’s costume (she was “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”).
- Interesting Fact: One of the first things we learned about each other is that we both have/had a dog named Skully. We currently have a golden named Skully who Allison had when they met. Daniel used to have a beagle named Scully. Different spellings, but still weird.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant –Rev. Barbara Lodge | DJ – Alex Choi of Vox DJ Company | Florist – Teacup Floral | Cake – Once in a Bluemoon Bakery | Caterer – 214 Martin Street | Hair and Makeup – Parlor Dry and Ellen from Atomic Salon | Coordinator – Emily Nunn of Whiskey and White Events | Lighting, Draping, Backdrop, Furniture, Christmas Tree Decor – Showtime Events
Leave a Reply