Sarah and Tim introduced us to the lovely concept of a pop-up wedding (inspired by a company in DC that officiates and photographs local elopements). They wanted to essentially pick a nice naturey spot in Durham, show up with their closest family and friends, and get married without a formal booking. It’s like an even less formal elopement. And the less formal the better, so we jumped on board and were happy to join Sarah and Tim and their 25 people of choice at the Shepherd Nature Trail in Duke Forest for some weddingy goodness. They got ready in an awesome Airbnb rental house near downtown and we all followed caravan-style to the ceremony site where they married in the forest. Some bubbles, hugs, and photos later, we all rejoined in downtown Durham at Rue Cler for some tasty food and congratulations. It was short, sweet, and a fantastic way to spend a couple hours on a Friday evening. :)
- Date: May 22, 2015
- Ceremony Site: Shepherd Nature Trail at Duke Forest // Durham, NC
- Reception Site: Rue Cler // Durham, NC
- Sarah’s Occupation: Sarah is a social worker who helps communities support social justice, sustainable economic development, and environmental stewardship.
- Tim’s Occupation: Tim is an attorney who works with early stage companies and the like.
- How You Met: During summers in college, Tim worked as a lifeguard with Sarah’s high school friends, who introduced them. Tim was smitten immediately, but it was Sarah who called him to meet up at a concert they both had previously planned to attend the next day. The rest is history!
- Interesting Fact: Sarah and Tim lived and worked in Sevilla, Spain for a year after graduating from college.
- Honeymoon: Minimoon – Outer Banks, NC; Honeymoon – Yet to be decided!
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Becky Kyle: esteemed friend | Pies – Scratch | Caterer – Rue Cler | Hair – Rock Paper Scissors Salon and Gallery | Makeup – Attraction Makeup Artistry