Welcome to Part Two of our three part series of weddings where it rained every weekend in a row. We thought we might be able to escape the wrath of Hurricane Joaquin which was going to dump even more water onto North Carolina (where it had already been raining for a solid week) by fleeing to our northern homeland of Pennsylvania. We had a wedding the previous weekend that let us a bit damp, and we were hoping for dryer land in Pittsburgh. But alas! Joaquin outsmarted us and ended up hanging around there too, and our forecast was not looking good (a quite literal 100% chance of rain for several hours). And rain it did, hard, for quite a long time. This left Geoff and I pretty nervous because we had a 22 person wedding party and nowhere dry to put them.
But! Probably because we had literally no other options except putting 22 people under 22 umbrellas and hoping for the best, and because Mother Nature felt a bit badly for us, it miraculously cleared up about 10 minutes before photos started and our sanity was spared. And I’d like to thank Chelsey and Eric for being ridiculously good sports about the whole thing, and I’d also like to publicly give high praise and all the hugs to the best, most-listening, wonderful, controlled and well-behaved group of 20 wedding party members ever. It probably helped that you couldn’t drink for an early Catholic mass wedding, but we feel strongly that you had more self control than most groups of partying friends, and made what could’ve been very difficult very easy for us. We love you, 20 friends of Chelsey and Eric. Let it be known.
So here’s to our wonderful new wedding party friends, and to our “old” but trusted and lovely clients, Chelsey and Eric. Thank you for making things so easy on us. And sorry again about making Chelsey wear the honey Burt’s Bees lip balm, Eric.
- Date: October 3, 2015
- Ceremony Venue: St. Vincent College // Pittsburgh, PA
- Reception Venue: Hilton Garden Inn // Pittsburgh, PA
- First Dance Song: “Then” – Brad Paisley
- Chelsey’s Occupation: Marketing Manager
- Eric’s Occupation: Middle School Math Teacher + Athletic Director
- How You Met: While attending St. Vincent College.
- Interesting Fact: As if he wasn’t nervous enough, Eric actually ripped the crotch of his khakis during the proposal.
- Honeymoon: Caribbean over Thanksgiving
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Father Tom Curry | DJ – DJ Yelenix | Florist – Taunia’s Flowers by Design | Cake – Signature Desserts | Caterer – Hilton Garden Inn | Hair – Lori Dedola | Makeup – Mackenzie McDowell | Coordinator – Alex Jordan of Hilton Garden Inn | Linens: Party Reflections