Erin and Tim are two pretty fantastic people who like all the things that are prerequisites to acquiring Geoff’s forever love: namely Star Wars, Back to the Future, and Indiana Jones. They had obscure nerdy references to things I didn’t understand in their vows but that I caught Geoff chuckling at, their cake had a Star Wars quote on it, and they registered for a giant Darth Vader head toaster (which they received, by the way). It sounds like it wouldn’t be hard to acquire Geoff’s forever love based on the above criteria but I promise you it’s more difficult than it sounds (I’m still working on it by finding myself standing in line at 12am at Toys R Us when new action figures come out). He was deeply impressed by Erin and Tim, and I was too from the few references that I actually caught and understood, but also because even without said references they’re still super nice and funny and clever people. It rained. It rained all day (a pattern that was to repeat itself for the next two weddings we had as well), but thankfully they got married in a super awesome old house and were good sports about the whole thing. So here they are, folks… may the force be with them.
- Date: September 26, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Penn House // Reidsville, NC
- First Dance Song: “Into the Mystic” – Van Morrison
- Erin’s Occupation: Vet tech
- Tim’s Occupation: Military
- How You Met: Online when Erin started a discussion about a zombie apocalpyse
- Interesting Fact: We are planning to hike the entire Appalachian Trail!
- Honeymoon: A cabin in the mountains in Tennessee
- Vendor Credits: Officiant –Charlie Manherz (friend) | DJ – Jason Barnes of K2 Productions | Cake – Family friend | Caterer – Fresh.Local.Good Food Group | Hair/Makeup – Ashley Watts Makeup Artistry | Coordinator – Saundra Greear (friend of bride)