There’s nothing quite so fabulous as Charleston in the spring, except if you’re there to shoot a wedding with some really good people. We photographed Jen and Aaron’s engagement session in Durham, and were super thrilled that they were taking us to South Carolina for their wedding! We were even more thrilled that it was going to be in April before the mosquitos got there! However, it turns out that a whole lot of bitey gnats picked up the mosquitos’ slack and followed us around and chewed on us. For all of their couple portraits where they’re looking very sweet and adorable and attractive, they’re actually being slowly eaten alive by a creek we insisted on putting them near (sorry, guys). But! We think it was worth it. There was moss (yes!) and outdoor string lights (yes!) and water (yes!) and boggy-ness (yes!) and the weather was absolutely perfect (including a brief shower in the evening that washed away the humidity for the rest of the next). We love being in Charleston, we love these guys, and we loved everything about this amazing wedding.
- Date: April 11, 2015
- Ceremony Venue: Stella Maris Roman Catholic Church // Sullivan’s Island, SC
- Reception Venue: Creek Club at I’On // Mt Pleasant, SC
- First Dance: “Dust to Dust” – The Civil Wars
- Aaron’s Occupation: Army Infantry Officer
- How you Met: 2005, in college
- Interesting Fact: We’re a Miami Merger – which means we both went to Miami and ended up together. About 14% of alums are Miami Mergers.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Reverend Monsignor Lawrence McInery | Band – White Chocolate Band | Florist – Branch Design Studio | Caterer – Creek Club at I’On | Hair/Makeup – Vanity Salon | Coordinator – Jacqueline Volz with Sweetgrass Social | Decor – 90% DIY by Jennifer | Cornhole Boards – Jennifer’s Dad