We met Caroline and Brian when we photographed their engagement session in Raleigh last summer, and afterward they decided that we were pretty okay and asked us to come to Wilmington with them to photograph their wedding. We responded with, “Yes, please!” and our enthusiasm was met with, “Good, because there is a place down the street where you can go after the reception to get really good pulled pork nachos.” It’s like they know the real us.
But it turns out that they had really great pulled pork at their wedding, so afterward when we went to the bar they told us about, we had their pub fries instead of the nachos. And the pub fries were basically unbelievable (chili, cheese, scallions, ranch dressing) and I’ve been thinking about them ever since (here’s a shout out to the Front Street Brewery’s pub fries and a public vote of enthusiasm). So seeing their wedding pictures done and up on the blog fills me with warm and happy feelings both for Caroline and Brian, who are amazingly sweet, adorable, nice, fabulous people who made us feel incredibly welcome and at home, and also for the pub fries… which make me hungry. Wilmington, by the way, has a pretty fantastic downtown that we somehow never knew about. We were happy to explore the city and couldn’t have asked for a better couple to spend time with down there. :)
- Date: April 18, 2015
- Ceremony Venue: Kenan Chapel at Landfall // Wilmington, NC
- Reception Venue: The Balcony on Dock Street // Wilmington, NC
- First Dance: “Your Smiling Face” – James Taylor
- Caroline’s Occupation: – HR
- Brian’s Occupation: Banking
- Interesting Fact: We’re both pretty bummed our dog, Caddy, can’t be with us on our wedding day… but she makes a terribly behaved guest. We’ve watched every single episode of West Wing together.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Rev. Jimmy Marsh and Rev. Bob Roach | DJ – Jason Tatum of Active DJ Entertainment | Cake – Whole Foods | Donuts – Krispy Kreme | Videographer – Divine Treasures Cinematography | Day Of Director – Edie Callahan