We met Emily and Taylor for the first time at Abby and Aaron’s wedding we photographed in 2013 in the Outer Banks. Taylor is Abby’s brother. Now we’re friends with Abby and Aaron due to our mutual love of Halloween and our love-bordering-on-obsession of their dog Casey (look at that face), so because we hang out, we’ve also had the opportunity to hang out with Emily and Taylor at Abby’s Halloween parties (when we can recognize them in their costumes, that is). We liked them because they also like Halloween, and because they also like Casey, and because Emily retouches photos for a living so we can complain about mutual editing things. Now we like them even more because they had moss and ferns at their wedding, and Muse as their first dance song, and because they too, like Abby and Aaron, had the amazing Uncle Bill (Abby and Taylor’s uncle who plays Rod Remington on “Glee”) sing at their wedding (he is truly amazingly talented and also hilarious and we might’ve taken a selfie with him). So. It’s settled then. We like them. We’re unsure how they feel about us (jury’s still out since they called our Interesting Fact question “terrible”). But either way they’ll be forced to see us at Abby’s parties and we’ll win them over eventually.
- Date: May 30, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Site: The Oaks Events // Midland, NC
- First Dance Song: “Starlight” – Muse
- Emily’s Occupation: Photo retoucher
- Taylor’s Occupation: Mobile Paralegal
- How You Met: Halloween Par-tay! Taylor was the only one at the party to get Emily’s costume (Mia from Pulp Fiction).
- Interesting Fact: Sincerely spent 30 minutes trying to come up with ‘interesting’ facts about themselves. What a terrible question.
- Honeymoon: Bali, Indonesia
- Vendor Credits: Officiant –Uncle Ralph Jones | DJ – CrackerJack | Cake – Delores Holt | Caterer – Concord Union Bistro | Hair – Images Salon | Makeup – Letsgetvamp Makeup | Coordinator – Michelle from The Oaks Events | Wedding Singer – Bill A Jones
Amazing!! I also love the tags at the bottom of your post. Carolyn and Geoff, you two have outdone yourselves (once again). The (ever-growing) Roberts Family hearts Carolyn Scott Photography!!
Awww, we heart you TOO!!! <3 <3 So happy to be a part of your fabulous and growing family!! We love you guys!!
Such a beautiful wedding/amazing photos- true artistry/ capturing the images dancing in my head from the magical evening! Love to Emily & Taylpr
AUNT KARIN (of Karin & Uncle Bill)
You captured the personalities of Taylor & Emily perfectly! They are relaxed, laughing and having fun — so wonderful to see again, what we experienced that night (plus more details I missed!).
Carolyn & Geoff: You Rock!
Awww, thank you so much Gwen!! We’re so glad you love the pictures!! We adore Emily and Taylor. :)