Patrice and Ben are two of the friendliest, happiest, most fabulous people we’ve had the pleasure of working with. They booked us a very long time ago, and we’ve been exchanging random Game of Thrones updates and Hodor videos since. Residing in NYC, they’ve been long distance with us, and we were super excited to finally meet them in the Outer Banks for their wedding. Patrice is always really, really smiley in her pictures and she is just as smiley in real life. Geoff has mistaken her Facebook photos for Topanga several times. She’s also like a happy, fun combination of the Olsen Twins if they ever smiled in anything ever past the age of 6. She is gorgeous and generous and kind. Ben doesn’t look like Topanga or an Olsen Twin, but is handsome and funny and calm. Their friends and family are outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic, and it was the most musical theater of any reception we’ve ever photographed, and I can say that having graduated from a musical theater college. There were a lot of complicated dance moves, a couple people ended up in the pool, and at least one adult-themed costume was worn on the dance floor. Also, pirate gear, party confetti poppers, and our first Wedding Piñata. It was a fabulous ceremony, reception, and weekend, and we were so glad to be there with them. Check it out!
- Date: September 18, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Woodmere House // Kill Devil Hills, NC
- First Dance Song: “It’s Only Time” – The Magnetic Fields
- Patrice’s Occupation: Actor
- Ben’s Occupation: Senior Marketing Specialist
- How You Met: At Philly’s finest drinking establishment, Dirty Franks
- Interesting Fact: We met at the same bar where Ben’s parents would frequent when they lived in Philadelphia over 30 years ago. (They lived around the corner from Dirty Franks and it was their neighborhood bar! We thought of having our wedding reception there, but for better or worse, Dirty Franks truly lives up to it’s name.)
- Honeymoon: Minimoon on Cape May, followed by Jamaica in 2016.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Nancy Reichelt (Ben’s aunt) | DJ – DJ Bruce | Florist – Alex Michaels (Patrice’s good friend) | Cake – Duck Donuts | Caterer – Currituck BBQ | Hair – Alex Michaels | Makeup – Alexandra Brock | Coordinator – Heather Clark of A Premiere Event | Lettering and invitations – Susanne Layton | Save the Date + Wedding Graphics: Stephanie Layton
Beautiful Wedding …you must be so proud of her Joanne xoxo