Joe captured Geoff’s heart by being radically obsessed with the Smashing Pumpkins to the same exact degree as Geoff himself, and Sara captured my heart by showing up to our consultation with a side shave haircut that I was also sporting at the time. Since then we’ve liked them a whole lot, and nothing that they do makes us like them less, just more, so our liking them increases all the time. They had succulents at their wedding! And Sara wore cute mint green wedding shoes! And there was dry lavender all over the place that I think they secretly chose for me so I could breathe deeply in whenever I needed to relax. Their friend Brittini made me delicious gluten-free cupcakes and they danced to REM… and Hanson. Then Joe found out that a former member of the Smashing Pumpkins has since joined a band with the rest of Hanson, and Joe’s head exploded, and we went home.
- Date: April 4, 2015
- Ceremony and Reception Venue: Snipes Farm Retreat // Chapel Hill, NC
- First Dance: “At My Most Beautiful” – R.E.M.
- Sara’s Occupation: Works for a publishing company in Durham
- Joe’s Occupation: Paralegal for a law firm in Raleigh (but in August 2015 he will transform into a law student!)
- How You Met: In astronomy lab/singing karaoke (both in Chapel Hill)
- Interesting Fact: We once took an overnight road trip to Philadelphia specifically to run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art a la Rocky but Kanye West was playing a show there that night and had built a stage, blocking said steps from the public (this is the second time this has happened to Sara).
- Honeymoon: Los Angeles, California
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Rev. Robin Renteria | Cake – Lisa Clifton | Caterer – Nantucket Grill | Emcees – Brooke Watson and Eliza Biswas (Joe’s coworkers) | Ceremony flowers – Paula Jean’s Garden on Etsy | Succulents – The Succulent Source (also on Etsy) | Gluten-free cupcakes – Brittini Harbin (Joe’s friend)