We love shooting weddings in Asheville. We love it even more when llamas are at those weddings. And we love it even than that when the llamas are named Chocolate Chip and are really good at taking posing directions. Other great things about this wedding include:
- The Claxton Farm wedding venue which is nestled in the mountains and is gorgeous.
- Kim’s sparkly dress.
- Jeffrey’s (Kim’s dad) expression on their formal family portrait the year he was finally allowed to bring his cat (the photograph was prominently displayed at the wedding and is, by far, one of the best things we’ve ever seen).
- John making Kim laugh at all times and their adorable inability to take themselves seriously.
- Cats being mentioned a lot during the ceremony, notably John’s noble attempt to get along with Kim’s cat who was rumored to be slightly difficult (a statement that I can neither confirm nor deny).
- Our unscrupulous bribing of the ring bearers for photos.
- Did we mention the llama?
- Date: August 29, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: Claxton Farms // Asheville, NC
- Kim’s Occupation: Director of Recruitment
- John’s Occupation: Consultant
- How You Met: At a whiskey cider party.
- Interesting Fact: John lied on their first date and said he liked cats.
- Honeymoon: Southern France
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Father of the Bride, Jeffrey Marks | Florist – Blossoms by Biltmore | Cake – Ruth and Ranshaw | Hair and Makeup – Heather Ellison of Hair and Makeup by Heather
say nice things