We booked Ashley and Kyle sometime last year and they quickly became the #1 supplier of funny cat videos to my Facebook page, and for that I’m forever grateful. At their wedding they had a large wall of personal photos and later in the night I was checking them out, only to discover a photo of Ashley taken at about 5 or 6 at her birthday party, wearing a seriously badass Lion King shirt and sitting next to a giant cat cake and a pile of Lisa Frank cat-themed party hats. We would’ve totally been elementary school BFFs, but now we’ll just have to settle for 30-some BFFS who still celebrate their birthdays with Lisa Frank party hats (I just found a pack of 8 cat ones on Etsy for $10.80. Let’s do this).
Regarding their wedding, it was awesome and comic booked themed! They had different characters at each table, and Kyle gave me permission to open one of his older Batman ones to use for the ring shots, which made me kind of nervous, but also feel super cool. This also gave me the opportunity to look at the sweet ads for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cereal. Anyway – it was super neat, and super indicative of the offbeat adorableness of Ashley and Kyle that makes us love them so much. Congratulations, guys!
- Date: July 11, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Stockroom // Raleigh, NC
- First Dance Song: “Chemicals Collide” – Cloud Cult
- Ashley’s Occupation: Attorney
- Kyle’s Occupation: HRIS Specialist at BB&T
- How You Met: Match.com
- Interesting Fact: Ashley can run a 6:45 mile. Kyle currently owns 473 comic books; the oldest is from 1966.
- Honeymoon: Jamaica!
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Nick Garvey (close friend) | DJ – Randy Bennett of Joe Bunn DJ Company | Cake – Whole Foods | Caterer – Catering Works | Hair/Makeup – The Junction | Coordinator – Whitney Davis