We’ve always liked Katie and Phil because they’ve always been super chill about their wedding: realistic and not overly-concerned and very “go with the flow” type of people. Also because they have a cat named Carlton. On the day of their wedding, Katie donned a pretty fabulous stole that she found at some thrift store and repurposed for wedding attire, and which I enjoyed wearing over my bomber jacket between takes (I looked good). Considering that we were shooting downtown in a bit of a wind tunnel on an already windy day and in the cold, the stole kept us pretty warm, and the wind contributed to lots of model-hair shots so we couldn’t be too upset with it.
They had a friend-filled cast for their vendors, including a friend officiant, a friend wedding planner, videography done by the guests with iphones (Wedit is awesome), and a catering staff that Katie works with, who all, at one point, joined them on the dance floor. I was also taking photos of some details when I heard my name being called and turned to greet Steve and Becky, who were wedding clients of ours way back in 2012! Katie and Phil were also apparently at that wedding but none of us made the connection. We also had future clients of ours, Jasmine and Joel, who also greeted us at Katie and Phil’s reception, so it was a big happy reunion/meeting. It’s a small world indeed, and I think the fact that our clients are friends without realizing they have a photographer in common is testament to the fact that our clients have good taste. ;) Congratulations, Katie and Phil!
- Date: November 13, 2015
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Stockroom at 230 // Raleigh, NC
- First Dance Song: “La Vie En Rose” – Louis Armstrong
- Katie’s Occupation: Project Manager at INC
- Phil’s Occupation: Manager at Char-Grill
- How You Met: We went to high school together
- Interesting Fact: Katie is really good at predicting what is going to happen in TV shows. Phil can juggle.
- Honeymoon: Tulum, Mexico
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Mike Thomson, friend | DJ – Kevin Marjoros | Florist – Bride | Cake – Fresh Market | Caterer – Rocky Top | Hair – Lauren Munns | Makeup – Michelle Clark | Videographer – Wedit | Coordinator – Leslie Wadel