Winter weddings hold a special place in our hearts. There’s always cafe lights, darker color schemes, and a general sense of merriment. And sometimes, if you’re lucky, a dog with a floral collar named Beryl. And, if you’re even more lucky than that, an amazing bride and groom who have impeccable taste in just about everything. They chose an incredible team of vendors (hellooo to our wedding officiant, Barbara Lodge! hellooo to a dress Lauren purchased from our previous wedding client Susan’s shop Gilded Bridal! hellooo to Stephanie Sevilla, makeup extraordinaire! hellooooo to Peter Lamb and the Wolves who we adore working with each and every time! and finally helloooo to Patty Gallivan, the General Store’s amazing wedding coordinator!). They also chose an incredible color palette (yay burgundy!), a gorgeous wooden altar that Evan’s dad handcrafted, muffs for the girls instead of bouquets, tiny little gold animals standing on small slices of geodes for their placecards that Lauren put all together herself, and a hot chocolate bar that was beautiful. Their entire setup was incredible, down to their modern chairs. It was killer.
Lauren and Evan found us through a mutual friend and we are so glad that they did. They are sweet and cooperative and really good looking and follow directions well and have that cute dog we mentioned earlier. They also did a fake snow exit, which is the first we’ve ever seen, and I have to say that it’s a pretty brilliant idea and also eco friendly. You can do this with potato flakes for an DIY idea and then add water to whomever’s hair to make instant potatoes to eat later. Their bridesmaids and groomsmen were all really nice and their cake topper spectacular. We had wonderful weather, good food, and great music. All hail the winter weddings! They are super cozy feeling, and we hope you feel the love right now. Congratulations, Lauren and Evan!
– Date: December 2, 2017
– Ceremony + Reception Venue: Haw River Ballroom // Saxapahaw, NC
– First Dance Song: “Can’t Nobody Love You” – The Zombies
– Lauren’s Occupation: Compliance and Government Relations Officer at a neato code school, Coding Dojo
– Evan’s Occupation: Super secret security sleuth, better known as Systems Administration at the State Employee’s Credit Union
– How You Met: The Internets (“Through friends” for our parents)
– Interesting Fact: Evan can juggle though he pretends like he can’t and Lauren lived in New Zealand but never met a hobbit.
– Honeymoon: Cape Town, South Africa
– Vendor Credits: Officiant – Reverend Barbara Lodge // Band – Peter Lamb and the Wolves // Florist – Wylde Flowers // Cake – Sugarland // Caterer – Saxapahaw General Store // Hair and Makeup – Stephanie Sevilla // Coordinator – Patty Gallivan // Dress – Elizabeth Dye // Bridal Salon – Gilded Bridal // Seamstress – Marie Cordella // Groomsmen Suits – ASOS