Remember Carolyn and Shawn from their engagement session? They’re back! Only this time we were surrounded by 100+ other people calling Carolyn and me by the same name and it was a very confusing but lovely 8 hours. ;) Carolyn’s dad is named Steve and that’s also my dad’s name, and she also has a grandmother named Jean and that’s my middle name! We are like a name-twinning family. They’re also all really short like me so I immediately liked them from the beginning. :) The wedding took place in the always gorgeous first weekend of November at the Umstead, and the weather was beautiful. Carolyn and Shawn’s families have been so good to us throughout their whole engagement, and we were happy to spend the day with them while we watched them all celebrate (they’re all fierce dancers). Steve also set up a slideshow for his speech! I’m a sucker for slideshows because I get to see our clients as little kids, usually with their old cats, and everyone loves pictures of kids with cats. We could not be happier to have had Carolyn and Shawn as clients, and we wish them all the happiness in the world, and we also hope that they went down that slide from the Atlantis commercial like at least one hundred times during their honeymoon.
- Date: November 5, 2016
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Umstead Hotel and Spa // Cary, NC
- First Dance Song: “I Won’t Give Up” – Jason Mraz
- Carolyn’s Occupation: Office Manager
- How You Met: 9th grade year of high school.
- Interesting Fact: We are high school sweethearts.
- Honeymoon: Atlantis, Bahamas.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Rev. Brent M. Rector. DJ – Mark McNally of Joe Bunn DJ Company. Florist – Gregg Kennedy of Brides and Bouquets. Cake – Blue Moon Bakery. Caterer – The Umstead. Hair/Makeup – Kerri Nicole. Coordinator – Kailey Godley of A Southern Soiree. Linen Rentals – CE Rentals.