Way, way back in February of 2010, we photographed our 5th wedding ever of Dottie and Jon (ignore the ill-fitted blog post pictures, they’re leftover from an old blog formatting, but here it is!). Ariana was the maid of honor, and Matt was the best man. They talked and danced and were generally adorable, so Geoff and I were under the impression that they were already dating. We found out recently that it was actually the first time they were meeting. :) Awesomely, we have pictures of it, and now here we are, five years later, photographing their wedding. It is not only awesome to be a part of their first meeting, but it’s amazing to know that they’ve followed us all this time and asked us to be a part of their wedding day as well. They’re lovely, talented, beautiful people and we’re so honored to be a part of their lives! Plus, we got to see Dottie, Jon, and their families (including their 3 year old son!) again after five years, so it was a great reunion for me and Geoff too. :) I’m not going to write too much as I’m trying to make my posts a little bit shorter (next to impossible), but enjoy the pictures, feel the love, and enjoy the first kickoff to our 2015 wedding season!
- Date: March 28, 2015
- Ceremony and Reception Venue: The River Lodge at River Landing // Wallace, NC
- First Dance: “The Luckiest” – Ben Folds Five
- Ariana’s Occupation: Freelance musician and cello teacher
- Matt’s Occupation: Bioprocessing Associate at Humacyte
- How You Met: At our Best Man/Maid of Honor’s wedding. If I remember, you guys were the photographers?
- Interesting Fact: We bonded over our love of music. Mostly The Beatles.
- Honeymoon: The Earth.
- Vendor Credits: Officiant – Pastor Mac Schafer | Band – Davis Messina Band | Florist – W Designs and jaGG Classic Wholesale | Cake – Uprising Bakery | Caterer – Mad Boar Restaurant | Hair – Keisha Mangum of Clip TeaZe Salon | Makeup – The Makeup Team of NC | Ceremony Musician – Victoria Walls, Piano